Thursday, April 15, 2010

Leaving Home

Last minute packing of car on Tuesday morning April 13, 2010 at 10:59 AM  (Yes, a very late start).
No room for anything else. (The kitchen sink is in there, somewhere).
Who said it is OK to drive over Donner in April?
Some parts of Nevada are beautiful.
Then again, there are the salt flats.
And then, of course, the famed "Utah Tree".
Arriving in Mapleton, Utah, only to find some of our kids leaving for Roseville, California to a funeral.
Upon their return, we gathered for dinner at the Olive Garden before leaving for the next phase of our journey.

3 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

So sad to see your car loaded for your big trip. We missed you on Tuesday at the temple and it will not be the same without you two there. I know you will love your mission and have lots to blog about while you are gone. You can check out my blog at kellysemptynest.blogspot.com If you want a good laugh you can look on my blog to see what I am up to! Have a safe and wonderful time in Nauvoo.

Stephen and Debbie said...

We are so excited for your mission!
Glad we were here to entertain you guys! And yes, the car was really stuffed!!!

Katie C said...

It was fun to have you here...even though I only saw you for a few hours! I'm sad you didn't get a picture of our sump pump breaking. =) Good luck on your first day Dad!